This committee focuses on large group professional development through the Mentoring Strand sessions during the CWPA conference. This committee is responsible for:
- Conferring with and liaising among GC Chairs and Mentoring Projects committee chair.
- Analyzing and considering feedback from previous year’s Mentoring Strand sessions.
- Soliciting and selecting Mentoring Strand session panel speakers.
- Conferring with Mentoring Strand session speakers on panel descriptions to propose to CWPA conference.
- Notifying CWPA conference panel status with Mentoring session speakers.
- Attending all Mentoring strand sessions and soliciting feedback/distributing feedback forms.
Sara Austin, Chair
Sara is a PhD candidate in Rhetoric and Writing at Bowling Green State University. Her dissertation explores teaching for transfer as feminist pedagogy using institutional ethnography. Her research interests include feminist pedagogy, writing studies, first year writing, feminist rhetorics, and archival work.
Wenqi is a PhD candidate in the Composition and Applied Linguistics program at English Department of Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Her research interests entail writing transfer, Teaching Language Pedagogy, digital rhetoric, multimodality, writing center, and multilingual writers.
Kathleen is a PhD student in English with a research focus in Composition at the University of Delaware. Her interests include theories of composition pedagogy and community literacy as they relate to identity, multimedia storytelling, and rhetorical agency.